Folksy

Folksy

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Time flies or more accurately, rockets past...

Well, geez, you have one little baby and look what happens...


It's been months, MONTHS I SAY, since I updated this blog. I have been slightly busy getting the little QuirkyPiglet safely into his seventh month (and fine and bonny he is too) so it's not as if I've been idle - still, there's lots still to be done business and craft-wise so I'll be keeping you updated on a hopefully slightly more frequent schedule.

I'm experimenting with a bit of a departure for the teacup plants. Usually, it's plants that don't need a lot of watering that work best in tiny, closed containers as one can just water them very sparingly. However, had a bit of brain wave (it does happen) and wondered whether a plant that positively likes being soggy could work as well in a vintage planter - so if one got a little overzealous on the watering, it wouldn't be a disaster. So at the moment, I have the beautiful but deadly Venus Fly Trap planted in one of my teacups and under observation... A bog plant, it likes its soil to be kept moist at all times but it's lime-hating, so must be watered with rainwater, not tapwater and it likes ericacious compost.

Question to self: do you actually need to feed them with flies/meat if they don't catch their own? Slightly ugh at the thought but if it has to be done...

On a more tasteful note, the sloe gin, limoncello and a rather experimental rosehip and blackberry vodka are coming along nicely...

No comments:

Post a Comment